Wednesday, November 19, 2008

#7 National Eat Pizza Day


National eat pizza day is on September 22nd. I decided to create this holiday to thank the Italians for being the ones who introduced pizza to the world. This is the easiest holiday to celebrate, all you have to do is eat pizza. Whether you want to go to the grocery store and buy the necessary ingredients to make your own delectable pizza from scratch. Or some people have been known to hit up all of the pizza hot spots in their city in just one day. It doesn't matter if you want to go all out on pizza eating or just grab a slice while your running errands. The most important thing is that you pay your appreciation to the food itself. Some pizza extremists have been known to decorate their cars, the inside and outside of their houses and even their office cubicles with Italian flags and pizza posters. National eat pizza day has no religion affiliated with it. So it is truly a chance for all pizza-lovers of America to join together and agree on at least one thing, that pizza is a beautiful thing. Everyone also treats Italians with the utmost respect on Nation eat pizza day. Of course these Italians living in our times didn't create pizza, but their ancestors did, so that is why no one is rude to Italians on September 22nd. So when September 22nd, 2009 rolls around, make sure to celebrate National eat pizza day in whatever way you can.

2 comments:

Shiny-sama said...

Dude, yes! I would totally join in on this holiday! I'm a huge pizza freak and everything, and I would love to do this! We could have a massive pizza party at my house and lots of it. This seriously sounds like a fun holiday. I'd go out and buy a ton of pizza before anyone else did so I could have enough for the next day. It'd be a bonding thing, too- maybe a "who can eat more pizza?" contest as well. I think I'd win that.

k of the milky way said...

Pretty sure I LOVE this holiday! Pizza is seriously like one of the best kinds of food. It's so mouth watering and delicious. I would actually celebrate this holiday once a week at least! DANG! Maybe I should start doing that... Hopefully I don't get too fat! Keep an eye out for me!